- Greeting: Pass the Hello
- Sharing: Favorite outside activity and why
- Activity: The Apple Song (to the tune of Bingo)
- There is a fruit that grows on trees,
And apple is its name o.
We will also continue with our Go Noodle morning stretch/exercise with Maximo. Remember that Go Noodle is a website you can also use from home!
- Sight Words: I, can
- We will use our sight word in sentences and learn sight word songs - be prepared to hear these songs and they will stick in your head.
- Who Let the Letters Out? song
- We have been working on one letter/sound a day for the last two weeks. This week we should get to Z, H, B, V, and G
- We reached our goal of 15 minutes in Read to Someone!
- We have been rotating between our two centers - Read to Self and Read to Someone. This week we will continue that and the class will be split into two groups where one does Read to Self first then straight into Read to Someone, and the other group is the opposite.
- Word Work Center will be introduced this week. Students will be able to work on Rainbow Words with our sight words, Read Around the Room (Letter R), and making words and letters with wikki stix, magnets, tiles, stamps, and playdough.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Predictable Sentence: I can __________. This will come together for a class book.
- Letter Sort
- Parts of an apple
- Germ experiment
- Apple volcanoes
- Apple observation
- Apple taste test
- Remember to send in one or two apples to school for us to use in our activities. Any color will do.
- Students will continue independent journaling this week. We start with how to make a WOW picture and use a list of topics to write about that we have created together. Students are encouraged to draw very detailed pictures and the students who can write words will be encouraged to do so.
- This week I will encourage using our sight words in sentences and the first sounds of the other words.
- If time, students share their drawings/writing with a partner.
- Math Centers
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- Favorite Way to Eat an Apple Graph
- ABC Apple Patterns
- Number Writing
- Apple Measuring
- Favorite Apple Color Graphing
- Each day three students will be asked to share something they liked that day and three other students will be asked to share someone who was nice to them that day and why.
- Good bye song.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Open House is Thursday, October 8th from 4:30 to 6:00 pm. 4:30 to 5:15 is time to go to classrooms and starting at 5:15 is the State of the School Address in the auditorium.
- Picture day is October 9th.
- Homework is being sent home with week. Packets are due on Fridays.
- Scholastic Book Orders have been placed and should be arriving shortly.
- I am looking for play dough parents. We will be using play dough during our literacy and math centers and it would be great if some parents could make some at home for us to use. There are many great recipes on Pinterest that I can get to you. Once I know who is interested, I will make a schedule.
- Library books are due on Mondays.
- You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.weebly.com. Check my website often for updates.
- Room 104 loves having volunteers, however I will not be asking for volunteers until later in October. You may need to fill out a volunteer packet and follow any directions given in that packet. Information about volunteering at Ray is on the Ray School website.
- If you would like to go paperless with my weekly newsletter, send me an email to let me know.
- Please consider donating to the following Donor’s Choose project to help benefit the students of Room 104 now and in the future. You may also share the link on your social media pages to help us get more donations.
- Current project: Cart with drawers for word work center during literacy centers http://www.donorschoose.org/project/make-an-impact-on-our-literacy-centers/1638991/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-08-account_projects_teacher-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118
- Just over $100 to go and this project will be funded!