- Greeting: Greet 5 People
- Sharing: One Thing You Did Over Spring Break
- Activity: Earth Day Pledge and GoNoodle
- Second Step (Social Emotional Learning): Reviewing Second Step Skills
- Calm Classroom (up to 3x/day)
We will continue to independent journal this week. Students are to start with a WOW picture. We are focusing on using sight words in our sentences and chopping out other words. We are also focusing on all components of a sentence: capital letter, end mark, finger spaces.
- Sight Words: red, pink, purple, blue, black, brown, gray, orange, green, yellow, white
- We will use our sight word in sentences and learn sight word songs - be prepared to hear these songs and they will stick in your head
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Writing, Listening, iPad, Word Work, Teacher Time
- Math Journal
- Math Survey
- Earth Day Subtraction Number Stories
- Adding and Subtracting Train Game
- Number Line Addition and Subtraction
- Teen Collections
- Hiding Bears
- Lorax What Comes Next?
- Spin, Add/Subtract, and Color
- Sorting Trash vs. Recycling
- Four Ways to Help
- Earth Day Promise
- Lorax activity
- Each day three students will be asked to share something they liked that day and someone who was nice that day.
- Goodbye song.
- Secret Student
Wish List: Crayons
Previous Sight Words: I, like, the, is, can, see, big, little, up, down, a, and, are, to, yes, no, have, he, she, it, you, me, run, go, as, eat, will, look, play, in, out, we, do, at, they, with, on, am, why, because, my, all, of, his, her, what, zero, one, very, two, three, love, four, five, was, six, seven, but, eight, nine, ten, said, so, that, not, got, this, be, come, us, under, went, where
Donor’s Choose: Listening and Learning Through Technology
- Consider donating to this important project and share the link on social media and with your family and friends
- April 15 - 19 - Spring Break
- Friday, April 26 - Ms. Pascente’s last day. We will be having a celebration in her honor. Refer to letter sent home.
- Tuesday, May 7 - Brookfield Zoo Field Trip. Turn in permission slips and money ASAP.
- Friday, May 17 - Ray School Walk-a-Thon! Initial information was recently sent in folders.
- Warrior Wednesday - Every Wednesday students should wear Ray gear or green to show their Warrior pride!
- Fridays - Town Hall
- Students will be escorted into the school (auditorium) by support staff at 8:45 for the Town Hall Meeting. They will then be escorted to the classroom at 9:15 a.m.
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Homework is given on Monday and due on Friday unless otherwise stated.
- School starts promptly at 8:45 a.m. Dismissal is at 3:45 p.m.
- Student folders are to come back and forth from school each day. Folders should be emptied out each night and anything that needs to be returned to school should be placed in the left side. Students have the responsibility of turning their folder in to me each day.
- You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.weebly.com. Check my website often for updates. Please look around my website and the Ray School website; questions you have may be answered on them.
- We will be having monthly birthday celebrations. You will receive a letter the month of your child’s birthday with all the information. July and August birthdays will be celebrated in June.