- Wednesday, November 9th is Report Card Pick Up
- See my website (rmaltz.weebly.com) for the schedule
- This is a non attendance day for students
- No School on Friday, November 11th in observance of Veterans Day
- Greeting: Hello Neighbor
- Sharing: Students will share their favorite recess and why
- Activity: Bat poem and GoNoodle
- Sight Words: yes, no
- Previous Sight Words: I, like, see, the, we, like, big, little, and, to, look, at, my
- We will use our sight word in sentences and learn sight word songs - be prepared to hear these songs and they will stick in your head.
- Who Let the Letters Out? Song. We are now singing this song out of order!
- No More Letter of the Week program
- We have completed all 31 letter sounds from the program and the four digraphs. We will continue to do these letter and sound poems in small groups and whole group.
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Listening Center, Writing Center, iPad Center (ABCMouse), Teacher Time
- Phonemic Awareness
- We will continue to independent journal this week. We start with how to make a WOW Picture and come up with a list of topics to write about.
- Students get to share their journals with a partner almost daily and three students can share with the whole class.
- This week we will focus on writing sight words to go with our WOW pictures and at least the first sound of other words.
- Math Journals
- Math Survey
- Pocket Problems
- Ten Frames
- Missing Number Acorns
- Counting Collections
- Introduction to Sorting
- Each day three students will be asked to share something they liked that day and three students will share about someone who was nice that day.
- Good bye song.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Homework is due on Fridays unless otherwise stated.
- We are ready for volunteers. See the document sent out by the Room Parents in our google group. Thank you to those who are already coming in!
- I have sent home information on how to access ABCMouse at home. It is an app we are using in the class. It is a big hit every year. If you need the access code again, please let me know.
- Don’t forget to sign up for Remind. See my blog post, the paper sent home, or email me for details.
- Warrior Wednesdays! Students should wear Ray gear or our school colors of green and white every Wednesday to show their school spirit.
- School starts promptly at 8:45 a.m. I will pick up the students on the north playground at the spot labeled 104. If a student is tardy they should go directly to the security guard and obtain a tardy slip. They will then hand that to me when they get to the classroom.
- Dismissal is 3:45 p.m. Students are dismissed by the specials teacher (Spanish or PE) since they are with them at the end of the day. Dismissal is still the same! You can continue to send me notes if your child is going home with someone else and I will get that to the specials teacher. The earlier in the day I get the note or email the better.
- You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.weebly.com. Check my website often for updates. Please look around my website and the Ray School website; questions you have may be answered on them.
- If you would like to go paperless with my weekly newsletter, send me an email to let me know.