- Current Project: Learning Using the Whole Classroom https://www.donorschoose.org/project/learning-using-the-whole-classroom/2049869/?rf=link-siteshare-2016-08-teacher-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118
- This project is helping us reach our goal of having more alternative/flexible seating in Room 104.
- Please share the above link on your social media!
- Greeting: Name Clapping
- Activity: GoNoodle
- Please see the GoNoodle page on my website to learn more about this wonderful website and how to access it on your own devices
- Students will learn the song, Who Let the Letters Out? It is a wonderful letter and sound identification song
- We will start our No More Letter of the Week program
- This goes over one letter and its sound each day. This week we should get to R, short E, long E, S, and N. Students will list words beginning with those sounds to add to our reading wall.
- Tall and Short Letters
- Letters or Words?
- Read Alouds
- We will continue working towards our goal of 15 minutes in Read to Self, which is the first literacy center we are learning. Once we meet that we will learn our next center - Read to Someone.
Theme (Science/Social Studies): All About Me and My Family
- Read Chrysanthemum then make a self portrait
- How Many People Live in My House?
- Rainbow Me - Students will explain themselves using colors. For example: eye color, hair color.
- Read Alouds.
- We will continue to independent journal this week. We start with how to make a WOW Picture and come up with a list of topics to write about. Students are encouraged to draw very detailed pictures and the students who can write words/letters are encouraged to do so.
- Students get to share their journals with a partner almost daily.
- Math Survey
- Partner Match
- Introduction to Pattern Blocks
- Gotcha: A Counting Game
- Number Walk
- Getting to Know Numbers
- Math Centers
- Students will get to explore different activities/manipulatives in our math center.
- Each day three students will be asked to share something they liked that day.
- Good bye song.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due Monday, September 26th. Please consider ordering books through Scholastic as each book bought earn points for me to get resources for the classroom.
- I have one volunteer for Room Parent and would like at least one more. The Room Parent will help with donations for special activities and help to keep families up to date. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested.
- I have started sending home snack donation letters. Thank you to the families who have already donated snack, especially since I forgot to mention it on the first day. Those families will be skipped the first round. Everyone else, please wait for a letter so you know when you are to bring snack.
- The All About My Family Project is due Friday, September 23rd.
- We have not started homework yet, but please get in the habit of or continue reading at least 20 minutes a day with your child.
- Your child will have time to free draw on scratch paper throughout the week. They will be reusing old paper. This is not homework to be turned in, I will let you know when homework starts.
- School starts promptly at 8:45 a.m. I will pick up the students on the north playground at the spot labeled 104.
- Dismissal is 3:45 p.m. Starting this week, students will be dismissed by the specials teacher (music or PE) since they are with them at the end of the day. Dismissal is still the same! You can continue to send me notes if your child is going home with someone else and I will get that to the specials teacher.
- Students may bring water bottles to keep in the classroom. They must have a secure lid that students can open and close to prevent spills. Only water may be kept in the water bottle in the classroom.
- Accidents happen. It is preferred that students keep an extra pair of clothes at school. Students may keep their clothes in their backpack or their locker in the classroom.
- Breakfast is served in the cafeteria and is available for free to all students. If a student would like breakfast they should be at the cafeteria around 8:20 a.m. to eat before school gets started.
- If a student is tardy they should go directly to the security guard and obtain a tardy slip. They will then hand that to me when they get to the classroom.
- You may contact me at email@example.com or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.weebly.com. Check my website often for updates. Please look around my website and the Ray School website; questions you have may be answered on them.
- Room 104 loves having volunteers, however I will not be asking for volunteers until October. You may need to fill out a volunteer packet and follow any directions given in that packet. Information about volunteering at Ray is on the Ray School website.
- If you would like to go paperless with my weekly newsletter, send me an email to let me know.