- Greeting: Hello Neighbor
- Sharing: Favorite Type of Weather and Why
- Activity: One Read Umbrella Poem and GoNoodle
- Second Step (Social Emotional Learning): Handling Having Things Taken Away
- Calm Classroom (up to 3x/day)
We will continue to independent journal this week. We start with how to make a WOW Picture and come up with a list of topics to write about. Students are encouraged to draw very detailed pictures.
We are focusing on using sight words in our sentences and chopping out other words.
- Sight Words: be, come, us
- We will use our sight word in sentences and learn sight word songs - be prepared to hear these songs and they will stick in your head
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Writing, Listening, iPad, Word Work, Teacher Time
- Math Journal
- Math Survey
- Raindrop Addition
- Kite Number Story
- Attribute Spinner
- Number Scrolls
- Domino Addition/Subtraction
- Rainy Weather
- Cloudy Weather
- Comparing and Contrasting different types of weather
- My Favorite Season...
- Each day three students will be asked to share something they liked that day and someone who was nice that day.
- Goodbye song.
- Secret Student
Snack: We are currently good on snack, I will let you know when we need more. Thanks to all who have donated!
Previous Sight Words: I, like, the, is, can, see, big, little, up, down, a, and, are, to, yes, no, have, he, she, it, you, me, run, go, as, eat, will, look, play, in, out, we, do, at, they, with, on, am, why, because, my, all, of, his, her, what, zero, one, very, two, three, love, four, five, was, six, seven, but, eight, nine, ten, said, so, that, not, got, this
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Friday, April 5 - School Improvement Day, No School for Students
- Wednesday, April 10 - Report Card Pick Up
- Please send in your conference request time in as soon as possible
- No School for students
- Friday, April 12 - Rockfest
- 9:15 a.m. in the auditorium
- The students will be performing what they have been working on in music class
- April 15 - 19 - Spring Break
- Warrior Wednesday - Every Wednesday students should wear Ray gear or green to show their Warrior pride!
- Fridays - Town Hall
- Students will be escorted into the school (auditorium) by support staff at 8:45 for the Town Hall Meeting. They will then be escorted to the classroom at 9:15 a.m.
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Homework is given on Monday and due on Friday unless otherwise stated.
- School starts promptly at 8:45 a.m. Dismissal is at 3:45 p.m.
- Student folders are to come back and forth from school each day. Folders should be emptied out each night and anything that needs to be returned to school should be placed in the left side. Students have the responsibility of turning their folder in to me each day.
- You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.weebly.com. Check my website often for updates. Please look around my website and the Ray School website; questions you have may be answered on them.
- We will be having monthly birthday celebrations. You will receive a letter the month of your child’s birthday with all the information. July and August birthdays will be celebrated in June.